Aerospace Engineer, CEO and Founder of STEMBoard
1) When was the first time you touched a computer?
I was obsessed with Number Munchers on Macintosh. I think I just dated myself...
2) Who is your she-ro (hero?) and why?
Astronaut Mae Jemison is a transformative figure for me, not just because she was the first black woman to travel in space, but because she is also a trained dancer as well as a medical doctor. She never limited herself and continues to push her creativity and her curiosity. I really connect with the idea of refusing to be pigeonholed. Besides being an engineer and entrepreneur, I am an adventurer, an exercise enthusiast and I absolutely adore traveling the globe! I embrace it all!
3) What is the most important piece of advice you would give to young people today?
Never give up on your dreams! The biggest thing I've noticed about successful people isn’t their intelligence or resources. It’s the belief they can make their goals happen. I am still in awe of what happens when you believe in yourself!
4) Your favorite quote and by whom?
“Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.” - Tupac
5) If you could have any superhero power what would it be?
Time travel! Who would not want to be able to fast forward and rewind life ? I’d love to be able to meet some of my inspirations from the past or travel to the future to see where math and science takes us.
6) What is one piece of technology you cannot live without?
The internet! Definitely the MVP of 2020. While I’ve got a kung fu grip on my phone, it would be nothing without the internet. I value being able to stay connected in our ever-changing world.
7) What is one word you use to describe technology?